This building with the museum originally has two floors and walls made of stone. It was used as governmental building for a while and it was cleaned and decorated by public of Antalya to be a gift for Atatürk, when they heard that Atatürk will visit Antalya. The Atatürk’s House was dated to the beginning of 20th century and has a wooden roof covered with pantiles. There is a long hall at the entrance, with a parlor, a room, a bathroom and a kitchen on the right,with two rooms and stairs to upper floor on the left. In upper floor there are seven rooms, one of them with a balcony, apart from the hall.
After Atatürk’s death, Atatürk House of Antalya passed to Local Government Management and used to be Evening Art School and Institute for Girls, in 1939. The house was transferred to Ministry of Agriculture and used as offices of Management of Technical Farming, in 1952. In 1984, the house was transferred to Ministry of Culture and Tourism and it wasdemolished and reconstructed by Kepez Electricity Company in order to draw away from the main road, which was passing over the building with the new development plan implementation. The building with stone-brick walls, rectangular plan, two storeys, two facade and a hipped roof covered with pantiles, is serving as Ataturk’s House and Museum since 1986.
On the first floor of the museumyou can see the reports and photos from newspapers of that period, about the visit of Atatürk to Antalya and watch a documentary themed about Atatürk and Antalya. On the second floor of the museum is a room with personal belongings of Atatürk and a section you can see the coins minted from the foundation of Republic to present day.