It is estimated that the building on Çekirge street was built in the late 19th century. The mansion has two floors except for the basement and attic. During Atatürk's second visit to Bursa (20-24 January 1923), Bursa Municipality bought this building from Miralay Mehmet Bey and presented it to him. Atatürk stayed in this house during his visits to Bursa. After 1938, the mentioned mansion was sold to the Turkish retirement fund by the Bursa Municipality. On 06.02.1968, the retirement fund transferred the use of this mansion to the General Directorate of Museums. The mentioned building was converted into a museum on October 29, 1973, in the 50th anniversary of the Republic, and was opened to visitors.
1st Floor: It consists of a reception hall on the right of the entrance, a dining hall on the left. In addition on this floor, there is a room for resting or tea and coffee, which opens to the dining room.
2nd Floor: This floor has the bedroom on the right and the study room on the left. Bypassing from the right side of the study room, a wide section called " Limonluk" is reached. The basement was used for the kitchen and service. Almost all of the items exhibited in the mansion are original pieces used by Atatürk.